Because of the shorter lifespan of our pets, we stress the importance of an annual physical examination. Thorough check-ups and preventive care can help alleviate serious health problems. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to keep your companions feeling their best:
1. Wellness Services
We strive to prevent illness whenever possible. The time and effort invested in our Wellness program has rewards for both pets and owners. Our Wellness programs are designed specifically for your pet and include:
- Comprehensive physical exam; - internal parasite testing; - heartworm and flea control; - vaccination program; - spay and neuter package; - specialized blood tests for all life stages.
- Professional Dental Cleanings: Regular professional cleaning is important to maintain your pet's teeth. We use modern and safe ultrasonic de-scaler to clean each tooth thoroughly - above and below the gum line. Dental technicians polish teeth to create a smooth, lustrous tooth surface more resistant to plaque buildup. Fluoride treatments help strengthen enamel and reduce tooth sensitivity.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet. We also carry a full line of prescription diets.
- Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance. Some pets require special food, and all pets benefit from a balanced diet. Our trained and certified staff is available to help you choose the right diet for your pet to keep him or her happy, healthy and active.
- Individualized Flea & Parasite Control Programs: We develop programs for the specific needs of your pet and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control fleas in your house, in your yard and on your pet.
- Microchipping: Microchips have helped reunite thousands of pets with their families. We offer the most widely used microchip products to increase the chances of a safe recovery for your pet.
2. Therapeutic Services
- Internal medicine Services: We offer in-hospital internal medicine consultation in areas such as Cardiology; Ophthalmology; Neurology; Dermatology; Gastroenterology; Orthopedic surgery; Oncology; Endocrinology; and others. We also offer referrals to an internal medicine specialist to help us with the diagnosis of more complicated cases.
- Dermatology Services: We offer Dermatological Counseling, for your pets skin and coat condition. We also offer medicated baths for skin problems.
- Cold Laser Therapy: We offer the new FDA approved Companion Therapy Laser which provides fast pain relief that is surgery-free and drug-free. Companion Therapy Laser is the new leader in the development of high-technology Phototherapeutic laser systems exclusively for the treatment of Companion Pets. Designed to give your pet fast pain relief and improved healing times, the Companion Laser Therapy System is the most powerful laser therapy system available today.
- Pain Management Services: Veterinary patients feel pain and discomfort under the same circumstances as people do. We know that recognizing and alleviating pain in animals is the essence of good patient care.
3. Emergency and Critical Care:
In any emergency, seconds count. Our experienced staff is backed up by our mobile resuscitation unit, stocked and equipped to administer the ABCs of basic life support : Airway, Breathing, Circulation/Cardiac compressions. Emergency care is offered during regular business hours. For after hours emergency care, we recommend a local, fully staffed emergency center.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Radiology Services: Our on-site, modern X-ray equipment provides high quality digital radiographs to aid in the quick diagnosis of many disorders.
- Electrocardiography Services (ECG): We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations.
- Ultrasound Services: This non-invasive, state-of-the-art technology uses sound waves to painlessly examine specific internal organs, primarily the heart and abdominal organs. Pregnancy exams are also available.
- Endoscopy Services: High-tech fiber optics permits direct visual examination and biopsies of your pet's gastrointestinal system. This allows for more accurate diagnosis and treatment of oral, esophageal, stomach, colon and even upper intestinal tract disease. Foreign objects can also be removed without the need for surgery.
- Bronchoscopy Services: High-tech fiber optics permits direct visual examination of your pet's respiratory system. This allows for more accurate diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the nasal cavity, trachea and lungs.
5. Surgical Services:
Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures. We offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology. Our patients are carefully screened for safety, and anesthetics are specifically tailored to your pet. Surgical services and facilities include: board certified surgeon available for consultation; fully trained veterinary and technical staff, to ensure the safest, most efficient, state-of-the-art procedures for your pet; heated surgery tables for greater comfort; advanced sterilization techniques; ECG and oxygen saturation monitors; intensive after surgery care and complete blood testing.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient's vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery is minimally invasive alternative to traditional surgery. Laser replace scalpels in many procedures, and are useful for a wide range of conditions, such as cyst, tumor, and wart removal, and is used in declawing. Laser procedures result in less pain; less bleeding and less swelling. They reduce risk of infection and result in less post-operative discomfort.
- Dentistry: Regular professional cleaning is important to maintain your pet's teeth. We use modern and safe ultrasonic de-scaler to clean each tooth thoroughly - above and below the gum line. Dental technicians polish teeth to create a smooth, lustrous tooth surface more resistant to plaque buildup. Fluoride treatments help strengthen enamel and reduce tooth sensitivity. Advanced dental care is available, including root canals, caps AND Digital X-ray.
- Laser Nail Trims: A laser nail trim is a procedure that involves cutting through the blood vein of the nail so the nail can be made shorter. This is considered a surgical procedure so sedation and sometimes gas anesthesia are involved. After the blood vein is cut, the laser then cauterizes to stop the bleeding. This procedure however does not halt the natural growth process of the nail bed. If allowed to go past the suggested amount of time, the nail vein will grow too long again to cut the nail back to an appropriate length.
6. Behavioral Counseling:
We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression. Illness doesn't always have a physical cause.
We offer behavioral consultations to help determine the cause of such disorders as:
- separation anxiety
- obsessive behavior
- Feline Marking Behavior
- Inappropriate Elimination
Then we develop an individualized treatment regimen for the specific needs of your pet and your own situation.
7. Small Exotic Pets:
Veterinary medicine for exotic pets is growing as the popularity of these animals increase. With better public education in health, nutritional and environmental management, all species have a greater chance for living longer and healthier lives. Dr. Knopp continues to learn as much as he can about the care and treatments of our exotic patients by attending continuing education seminars
Some of the exotic pets we see are:
- Mini Pigs
- And More:
Some of the exotic pet services we offer are:
- Nutritional Counseling
8. Hospice and Euthanasia Services:
Saying goodbye to a long-time friend is painful. We work with clients to ensure their pet's comfort and dignity. Services include taking care of the remains as directed by the client.
1. House Calls:
2. Pick-up and Drop-Off:
For clients who are unable to bring their pets into the office, we offer pick-up, drop-off, and house calls in our Abbey Ambulance.
We provide pet boarding as a service to our clients. Pets may be dropped off and picked up during regular business hours Monday through Saturday. All boarders receive personal attention from our caring staff. Pets are like our children - we feed, nurture and lavish attention on them. Our highly qualified kennel attendants do the same when you can't be there. We provide tender loving care (such as brushing and cuddling), and supervised outdoor playtime to keep them happy and active.
Treat your pet to a luxurious bath. Our special, cleansing baths remove dirt, debris and that doggie pet odor - your pet will feel fresh and revitalized. If scratching is a problem, our medicated baths contain soothing agents that stop the itching. Services also include nail trim, anal gland emptying and ear cleaning.
5. Doggie Daycare:
Is your pet unhappy or lonely while you're at work? Give your companion the personal attention he or she deserves throughout the day. We offer the same TLC and playtime offered to our overnight guests.